Nuffnang ads

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Patisserie Tony Wong, HK

This is the only HK post I couldn't wait to share with you guys!!!

I've known of this Patisserie from Instagram through a few HK artists and models I'm following on.
The cakes are all looking good and I've done a lil' research and majority complimented on it!
=D

A short intro of this pastry chef, Tony Wong :-
Tony Wong has about 30 years of pastry making experience up until today,
and was being trained by chefs from France & Austria.
He worked in Japan, France, Australia and Singapore for pastry's explorations.


So, yea.....
I went there twice.

P1130816
They have 2 branches in HK.
and this is the one in between Causeway Bay & Wan Chai.

Next to all the famous Fried Chilli Crab or aka 桥底辣蟹.
*I so so so so so wanna eat the crabsss as I can smell the chilli crab from every each of the restaurants I passed by. But too bad, I was alone.*


My first visit was quite late.
About 8.30pm, and I was searching up & down with my google map on how to walk there.
And I thought I was on the wrong way and so I walked back towards the station and google map showed that I was on the opposite side again.
-.-

When I finally reached there and It was near to 8.50pm, near to their closing at 9pm.
@.@

Not much cakes left and I got whatever I feel like having!
Untitled
I feel like buying them all but too expensive!
T__T

P1130807
Awwww~
They really pay attention to all the details.


Untitled
The shop assistant will make sure my 3 cakes don't crash to each other with a special placing,
*not like this placing laa of coz  ><  I moved them to take pic*
and also stick a small ice bag inside the box to make sure they are completely fine & fresh within my way back!


Let's start off with the most attractive outlook ones!
P1130809
Just like how it looks, they named it Sweet Heart.
It doesn't impress me much though.
Why?
Coz of the coloring lor... abit geli when I see the color on the fork.
@.@

What's in it was white chocolate cream, with Morello cherries *very sour*, very fresh and spongy chocolate sponge cake and almond sugar crust~

Not saying it's bad.
But I like the other cakes more~
hahahaha


P1130812
Raspberry Napoleon!
My favorite from ah Eng and now I find a different one there~
XP
*of course I still like her pastries~~*

The 1 I always had was filled with lighter custard or cream,
and Tony Wong's was using richer and dense custard .
The combination of the sweet & sour raspberries + crispy puff + sweet custard is just...
HEAVENLY!!!


I was recommended by the shop assistant , their new item :-
P1130815
Dark & White Chocolate Orange Cake.
Look at the layering~
It has 5 layers!!!

With Amedei White Chocolate Mousse,
Amedei Dark Chocolate Mousse,
Orange custard,
Crunchy chocolate crust,
and Hazelnut Dacquoise!

I dunno what Amedei is, probably a brand or definition of a choc?!
But they are not too sweet, so that we still give some space of sweetness
when it reaches the crunchy chocolate crust, I supposed!


Finally, here comes my 2nd visit just for their famous Rose Cake!
P1130818
I was been told during my first visit that they only sell 10 pieces of each flavor everyday.
Not more than that.
-.-

Unless special order for the mis-sized rose or big ones.

And ya, the small one itself costs HK $ 103 (~RM50)


P1130824
The Pink Rose Cake.
I hope there is someone to share with me,
so that I can try the chocolate rose as well.

and it looks lovely isn't it???
Feel so reluctant to eat it up!


P1130828
I was taking off the petals 1 by 1 and they are actually white chocolate,
hiding inside, was vanilla sponge cake layered with strawberry cream, fresh cream, and fresh strawberries!

Scooping up the treasure with the sweet white chocolate petals,
the creams are just so light-weighted, with just enough sweetness of the vanilla sponge cake.
Again, the combination did not fail to my expectation~

If the cakes I mentioned above is Heavenly, and this will be Heavenly Heavenly!~
or maybe just me.
These are just what I like.
 


Overall, I would rate Tony Wong 4/5!
the other 1 leave it to my next try~

And I just love the wonders of each cake,
each cake brings in a few layers, and each layer brings me to experience their very own surprise!



As mentioned, they have 2 branches, but for tourist like us, it's better to go to the 1 that near to the MTR station.




Patisserie Tony Wong
399 G/F , Lockhart Road, Golden Jubilee, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
Tel: (852) - 2575 8993

To Get There:-
Get down from Causeway Bay Station, and go to exit C or exit D,
once you come out from the exit, turn left, walk straight and it's on your right.


4 comments:

  1. I am defitely going there for my next HK trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea babe, I wish to try more if I get to travel or biz trip there again
      ^^

      Delete
  2. Omg, I saw this rose cake once in a book, but because I can't read Chinese. I don't know what or where isit from. Thnak you for sharing!! Must go HK soon ah! :D

    ReplyDelete